Dear friends, have you ever been confused about fish feeding when you go out for a holiday or business trip? If so, the Hygger 967 auto fish feeder will help you out exactly. It will feed your fish with programmable time and portion. You do not need to worry whether your fish would get hungry or not! And this article will make an introduction to the auto fish feeder and covers how to program it.
Introduction of Hygger 967 auto pond fish feeder
Features of Hygger 967 auto pond fish feeder
- Large capacity of the food bin
The capacity of the food bin is 5.5 liters. If it is with a full load of food, it can feed your fish for several weeks, depending on the number and size of fish you keep. Besides, you can see the remained amount of food in the food bin. Because it is made of ABS plastic and transparent. Besides, you can refill the food bin after you open the lid.
- Augers to dispense food
There are two shapes of augers, including sparse and dense augers. You can choose one according to the quantity of feeding. The sparse auger dispenses more food than the dense auger. For example, one portion of 6mm pellets drops about 11 grams of food through the narrow one (the dense auger), while it drops 36 grams of food through the wide one (the sparse auger). Moreover, it is easy to replace the auger. What you need to do is to open the lid, and then replace the auger, and finally close the lid. To keep the raccoons out, you can tape the lid.
- LCD controller
You can set and adjust the clock, feed times, feed portions, and timings easily. You can hang the controller on the pole of the feeder after you finish settings. But the controller is not waterproof. So it is better to put it in a shelter to protect it from rain or snow. Furthermore, the feeder can feed six times each day, and with 0-9 feeding portions each time, as well as each portion lasts 8 seconds. One portion drops approx from 11 to 36 grams. There is also a manual feeding button “HAND FEED” for instant feeding.
- 16 feet long wire
The electric wire does not need a battery, and it is 16 feet long. Besides, it requires less maintenance, just wipe it to keep it clean. And you can try to plug it into a power strip to extend the cord.
- Feed your fish automatically
You can set the feed time and portion in advance, and then it will dispense food automatically at the time. Besides, it is weatherproof and safe from wildlife, such as rats, foxes, raccoons, and squirrels.
- Memory function
The fish feeder can restore previous settings for the memory function.
Functions of the buttons
Before introducing how to program the fish feeder in detail, we would like to introduce the functions of the buttons in the controller. There are six buttons, including CLOCK, TIMING, SETUP, QUANTITY, HAND FEED, and OK buttons.
- CLOCK: Set the local time.
- TIMING: Set the feeding time(hour).
- SET UP: Combining settings with other buttons.
- QUANTITY: Set the portion of each meal.
- HAND FEED: Button to set instant feeding.
- OK: Confirm your setting or pause running.
How to program Hygger 967 auto pond fish feeder
1. Set the current time
- Press the “CLOCK” button, then press the “SET UP” button to enter the time setting interface
- Hour: Press the “CLOCK” button to set the “hour”
- Minute: Press the “TIMING” button to set the “minute”
- Press the “OK” button to confirm your setting
For example, if it is 17:17 now, you can press the “CLOCK” button, then press the “SET UP” button. After that, press the “CLOCK” button to choose “17”, and press the “TIMING” button to choose “17”. Finally, press the “OK” button to confirm.
2. Set the meals and scheduled feed time
- The first meal and the feed time: Press the “TIMING” button, then press the “SET UP” button to enter the feed time interface. When the “feed time/hour” flashes, press the “TIMING” button to set the hour of the FIRST meal.
- Set the second meal and the feed time: Press the “SET UP” button again to set the second meal. Then press the “TIMING” button to set the hour of the second meal.
- The setting of other meals and feed time is the same as the setting of the second meal.
- After finishing the settings, press the “OK” button to confirm.
Tips: The feed time can only be programmed to “hour”. And the broken line in the display means that nothing has been set.
For example, provided that you want to feed your fish for the first meal at 6:00, and the second meal at 18:00. Press the “TIMING” button, then press the “SET UP” button. When the “feed time/hour” flashes, press the “TIMING” button to choose “06”. Then press the “SET UP” button again to choose “2” and press the “TIMING” button to choose “18”. And press the “OK” button to confirm.
3. Set the portion of each meal
- Press the “QUANTITY” button, then press the “SET UP” button to enter the portion setting interface. Press the “QUANTITY” button to set the portion of the first meal.
- Press the “SET UP” button to choose the second meal and then press the “QUANTITY” button to set the portion of the second meal.
- The portion setting of other meals is the same as the proportion setting of the second meal.
- After finishing settings, press the “OK” button to confirm
Tips: The broken in the setting means that the feed quantity is zero.
For example, if you want to feed 4 portions for the first meal, and 3 portions for the second meal. You can press the “QUANTITY” button, then press the “SET UP” button. After that, press the “QUANTITY” button to choose “4”. And then press the “SET UP” button to choose “2” and press the “QUANTITY” button to choose “3”. Finally, press the “OK” button to confirm.
4. Set instant feeding
- Press the “HAND FEED” button when you want to feed now. And you can also press the “HAND FEED” button to pause.
5. Pause function of automatic feeding
- Pause: Press the “OK” button to pause automatic feeding, and the indicator light will flash.
- Continue: Press the “OK” button to cancel pause, and the feeder will continue running.
Tips for better using the Hygger 967 auto pond fish feeder
- Do not submerge the feeder under water or get the feeder wet, or it will be damaged. You can just wipe it to keep it clean.
- Don’t install the feeder in the mud. Drill 4 holes on the stone, wooden or ceramic floor with an electric drill, and fix the base with 4 screws. Besides, the feeding port should point to the water surface.
- Do not put fish flakes or fish food less than 4mm into the food bin. It is unable to dispense the flake food. And the fish food less than 4mm will be dropped out of the feeder right away. It is ideal for 4-10mm sticks or stick food.
- Before you change the screw stem (the auger), you should make sure the food bin is empty and the feeder is unplugged. And do not put your hands into the food bin when it is running.
- The fish food you put into the food bin should be less than 5 pounds.
After reading, we believe you have known more about how to program the Hygger 967 auto pond fish feeder. If you have any other questions, please leave your message on NEED HELP, Hygger is glad to help you out! And thanks for your reading!
– If there is one problem of too much for a single feeding, how to solve it?
– For this problem, here is a temporary solution. You can get a good quality electric tape and wound it around the flutes. By doing so, the feed volume will be reduced, which is the same effect as shortening the feeding time. On the other hand, the tape reduces the size of the flutes. You can put about one whole roll and reduce the lowest servings by 85%.
– If there are extension cords for outdoor use?
– We don’t have extension cords from the controller to the feeder at present. Maybe you can try to plug it into a power strip.