A while ago, the first snow fell in northern China, the snow has been flying, the sky, in the capital city of Beijing, the Forbidden City snow-capped, became a world of snow. Not to mention raising the latitude of other countries, how a northern scenery!
In the northern hemisphere where winter has arrived, hobby fish breeding friends, is it becoming worried?
At present, there is a big temperature difference between day and night, and many fish have very high requirements for water temperature, if they do not reach the right temperature, they will die immediately.
This is when the heating rod in the fish tank is especially important, the fish tank heating rod can not only be used to ensure the water temperature of the ornamental fish, to maintain the water inside the moisture, but also to treat some diseases, such as white spot disease. Thus, the fish you keep will grow up healthy.
So how should we choose the aquarium heater? Is the more power the better or do we need to choose according to the size of the fish tank?
Selecting a heater, you must consider the issue of power matching, generally speaking, every 5 liters of water requires 10 watts of power. For example, a 90 cm long, 30 cm wide, 38 cm deep aquarium with a volume of 100 liters should be selected with a 200 watt heater. For larger, 90 or more aquarium tanks, you need to use two 100 watt heaters, and placed at both ends of the aquarium, so that the heat is evenly distributed, the effect is better.
Now, small aquariums are also equipped with high-powered heaters, but if the performance of the heater is not good, the danger is very big, especially when the heater is not normal “work”, the water will quickly become hot, even boiling and scald your fish, high temperature so that the glass tank may also burst.
Also, the smaller the aquarium, the faster the temperature change. Too large heater work will be frequent start and stop, very easy to damage the thermostat control components, and lead to heater failure. On the contrary, a large aquarium with a small power heater, only to reach its maximum load, when the ambient temperature is too low, it is not much use.
Hygger may be your best choice! Hygger 500W 800W Titanium Steel Aquarium Heater for Marine and Fresh Water, Digital Submersible Heater with Built-in Thermometer, External LCD Display Thermostat Controller.
Why choose hygger aquarium heater for large fish tank?
- Safe to use, the digital aquarium heater will auto shut off when the water temp is over 97℉, auto shut off when the top of the heater is out of water over 0.8inch.
- No explosion, with a plastic guard, the heating element is high-quality durable titanium steel, can be used for fresh water and salt water.
- Energy saving, with 2 heating up modes, the MAX heating mode and the ECO heating mode, it will automatically shift according to the D-value between the water temp and set temp.
- Digital display, you can check the water temp, set temp and the heating up mode on the controller at any time.
- Easy to set temp, only one set button on the controller, to choose the temp from 70℉ to 94℉ by pressing the button again and again, only round number can be chose.
- Automatical thermostat, the submersible heater will stop heating when it reaches the set temp, and start ECO heating mode when the water temp drop off 0.5-1℉.
Finally, please note the Cautions for use:
· Please install the heater fully under water, but don’t bury it in sands.
· Please unplug the heater and wait it to cool down for about 5-10 mins before you doing water change or moving the heater.
· To well install the fish tank heater on to the tank wall, we suggest to slip the suction cup clip to the top 1/3 of the heater tube.
· We suggest to install the submersible heater under water where close to the water intake, you can place it vertically or horizontally, but place it vertically will not take up too much space.
· Please use wave maker or a circulation pump for the fish tank, the good water circulation will help uniform dispersion the heat produced by the heater.
Black Friday is coming, anyone who chooses products before the 24th of this month can participate in the 20% off members-only discount, in order to let your fish through the winter, why not buy a hygger heater!