Hygger Automatic Feeder User Manual Revised Guidelines
Revised for Improved Understanding of Instructions by John Howard
The following fish feeder programming is a supplementary guideline by the enthusiastic Hygger customer John Howard. Thank you very much for Mr. Howard’s support and love for the Hygger aquarium. Hope this Hygger auto feeder guideline helps you make enjoy the feeder more.
When you go out for a holiday or business trip, the Hygger 967 auto fish feeder will help you take care of your fish. The feeder can automatically dispense food at a scheduled time. Feeding time and quantity can be set in advance.
1. Product Feature
- Easy-to-read LCD display with clock
- Up to 6 feeding times per day (See 3. table below)
- 9 programmable feeding times per 24 hours; each quantity runs 8 seconds (8 seconds is factory set and cannot be reprogramed by the user)
- The “HAND FEED” button allows for instant feeding; runs for 8 seconds when the “HAND FEED” button pressed
- The fish container can be loaded up to 5.5 L, 2.3K, or 81 ozs. of fish food
- Included are two different-sized feeding augers that can be used according to the feeding demand (Fine thread auger = smaller quantities; large thread auger = larger quantities)
- Programmable feeding times can be set on an hourly basis (time is based on a 24-hour clock, no minutes can be programmed), and the number of 8-second feeding quantities
- Waterproof design for outdoor use
- Easy to install and can be installed on wood, stone, or ceramic tile surfaces.
2. Control Panel
Current graphic and instructions labels are self-explanatory for the display.
3. Factory programmed feeding times
|Number of Meals||Feeding Time||Quantity|
|3||17:00 or 5 PM||3|
|4||– –||– –|
|5||– –||– –|
|6||– –||– –|
“- -” means feeding time is not factory programmed and can be user programmed.
Remember, each feeding time is 8 seconds. Thus, a “Quantity” setting of 3 above, equals a 24-second feeder run time.
Meals 1 through 3 are factory-programmed example settings only. All 6 Meals, Feeding Times, and Quantities should be user reprogramed to assure overfeeding does not occur.
4. Memory Functions
- The memory function enables to restore of the previous setting
- LED indicator light: the indicator light turns on blue when the device is in manual or automatic feeding mode. The indicator light keeps flashing when it stops.
- NOTE: This is the only reference I could find referencing “Memory Functions”, thus do not know how it works or whether it is useful or not. MFG needs to better explain or delete “4. Memory Functions”.
5. Installation and accessories
- These instructions appear self-explanatory and easy to assemble the unit.
6. Control Process
- Auto feeding once desired feeding times have been reached.
- The LCD display indicates the next feeding time, the feeding meal, and the selected feeding time.
- The graphics here are self-explanatory.
7. Program Feeding Time & Quantity
7.1 Clock Time Setting (Note graphics are self-explanatory)
- Press the “CLOCK” button to review the current time settings. To set “the 24-hour clock to local time” setting:
- Press the “CLOCK” button and then press “The SETUP” button to enter time setting mode. Press the “CLOCK” button repeatedly to set desired hour. Then press the “TIMING” button repeatedly to program minutes for local time.
- After finishing setting desired local time, press “OK” to save settings and return to the main mode.
7.2 Feeding Time Settings
(Note graphics are self-explanatory) This graphic is displaying the next meal as the #3 meal and is programmed to begin at 17, or 17:00 (5 PM).
Press “TIMING BUTTON” to view the feeding times. Now, repeatedly pressing the “SETUP” button takes you through all six feeding times currently programmed.
Directions to Set Feeding Times:
- Press the “TIMING” button and then press the “SETUP” button to enter the setting feeding time mode.
- Press the “TIMING” button repeatedly to program the hour of when the first meal-time will occur. Note, “- -” indicates no feeding.
- Caution: A “00” setting equates to a “MIDNIGHT FEEDING CYCLE”, not a no-feeding cycle.
- Upon completion of the first meal-time setting, press the “SETUP” button to advance to the next feeding time setting. Repeat procedure for each of the six meal-time feeding settings as desired.
- After finishing all desired settings, press “OK” to save all feeding time settings and return to the main mode. Again, feeding times can only be programmed to the hour, not to the minute.
7.3 Feeding Quantity Settings
(Note graphics are self-explanatory) This graphic is displaying the 3rd meal, with a quantity of 3. This equates to an 8-second feeding run time, times 3, or a 24-second feeding run time. (8 x 3 = 24).
Press the “QUANTITY” button to view the programmed feeding quantities.
Quantity setting for each meal:
- Press the “QUANTITY” button and then press “SETUP” to enter the quantity setting for each meal.
- Press the “QUANTITY” button repeatedly to adjust the feeding quantity up to a maximum of 9 settings.
(“- -” means a zero-feeding quantity setting). Press the “SETUP” button again to advance to the next feeding quantity setting.
- After finishing all desired quantity settings, press “OK” to save all settings and return to the main mode.
Note: Again, each quantity is automatically set to run the feeder for 8 seconds. For example, a quantity setting of 2 will equate to 16 seconds of feeder run time, and a quantity setting of 3 will equate to 24 seconds of feeder run time, up to a setting of 9, which equates to a 72-second feeder run time.
7.4 Manual Feeding, or Instant Feeding
Press the “HAND FEED” button for any time feeding.
7.5 Automatic Feeding Pause Function
Press the “OK” button to pause automatic feeding when it is running on automatic feeding. You can see the indicator light flashing. Press the “OK” button again to continue automatic feeding. When only one meal is programmed each day, the display will show “- – ” for one hour after the day’s feeding cycle. This indicates that the feeding cycle(s) for today has been completed.
The remainder of the instructions is self-explanatory.