Hygger fish tank sponge filter must be used with an aquarium air pump. It is fit for small size (<15 gallons) fish tanks or fish bowls, used as additional bio filtration to aquariums.
This mini sponge filters integrated bio-filtration, oxygenation, and physical filtration in one. It also makes small water flow, which can ensure the excellence of the water quality. Help your small fish or shrimp to live a happy & healthy life.
Super mini filter dimension
The sponge filter is super mini and takes up a little room. It is fit for fish tanks or fish bowls sized from 0.5 to 5 gallons. This mini sponge filter is 3.5″ in width and 3″ in height, and the sponge inside circle diameter is 0.59 inch.
Removable fine sponges
You can easily take down the sponge from the filter for cleaning or replacement. The sponge is fine, not coarse, which means more surface area for beneficial bacteria to live on. Don’t use tap water to clean it. Rinse or squeeze the sponges using the aquarium water.
Directions for use
All the parts of this filter are detachable, so you can easily assemble them. You can stick the filter firmly to any tank position underwater with the strong suction cup. No floating!
Tips to better use the sponge filter
1. For a new tank, the water might be cycling. Don’t add a lot of fish right away.
2. An established tank (been up and running with fish in it for at least a month or two. running
your old filter along with this one until it has a chance to have beneficial bacteria.
3. Cloudy tank is common due to your tank bacteria recycling.
4. An aquarium air pump and airline hose (4 mm) are needed.
5. Add more air into the water when the water outlet is underwater.
Cleaning tips of the sponge filter
1. Clean the sponge once a month or so.
2. Wash the filter with aquarium water instead of tap water.
3. Rinse and squeeze repeatedly at least 5 to 10 times till you see no more dirty water coming out of the sponge. Repeat the cleaning for 2 to 3 more days till the aquarium has crystal clear water.